Orientation for new intake will be conducted on 1st of October, 2018.
All students are required to attend an orientation program, as part of commencing their course. During the orientation, students will receive useful information about the course, the support services and the policies and procedures available at Australian Education Academy (AEA). Students will be get the opportunity to see the campus and meet key staff members, giving students an opportunity to become familiar with the support staff that will assist them during the enrollment and study period at AEA.
The following is included in the orientation program:
- Welcome by the RTO Manager.
- Introduction to the Training Manager
- The Student Handbook will be given
- Advice on how to successfully complete your studies
- Information on assessment tasks, e.g. tests, projects, practical assessment tasks
- The Student Code of Conduct: what is expected of you
- The Course Progress Policy
- The Refund Policy
- The Complaints and Appeals Policy
- The Reassessment Policy
- The Course Cancellation and Withdrawal Policy
- Information about payment of fees
- Class timetables
- Campus information and directions to the locations
- Student support services information including the counseling services, job assistance, accommodation and other activities.
- Essential student visa requirements including course progress and student contact details
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) information
- Issue your student identification card
* Light refreshment will be served